I suggest that the OWLR app...

Connect using HTTPS

I do not see it clearly anywhere, but the feature to use HTTPS instead of HTTP would be great.

124 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    justinjustin shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • VeldkornetVeldkornet commented  · 

Still waiting on iOS support...

• NicolaNicola commented  · 

what about iOS ?

• SvenSven commented  · 

If you're looking for features to bring in revenue, this seems like the top choice. I've seen a lot of other camera applications on android that have a "pro" version, which is paid, that adds ssl/tls support. I'd buy it - as long as it's reasonable ;)

This is the only feature missing from the application that I need to feel comfortable adding port forwarding and remote access.

• TheAlteredStateTheAlteredState commented  · 

This should really be the #1 priority in this day and age. Owlr is by far the best app, but I just can't use it without SSL. I'm really surprised this is taking so long.

Will have to switch to alternatives until this feature is implimented.

• Matt WMatt W commented  · 

To echo below comments - this is mandatory and should be #1 priority. Will not be using this product until it can be considered secure.

• TomTom commented  · 

what's the status of this?

• Anonymous commented  · 

adding SSL is mandantory. you can't connect via some public wlan to your home without SSL. you really don't won't others to view into your rooms ...

• FrankFrank commented  · 

Agreed with the previous posts that SSL is definitely needed for cam access.

• Gold StarGold Star commented  · 

ETA please? That will decide whether I should go ahead with some other Foscam viewer app or wait until this feature is released. I only installed but have not used your app because of the lack of this feature. The app looks polished and I would love to start using it, but there is not way I will let my credentials travel unencrypted over the internet.

• BradBrad commented  · 

+1 for adding HTTPS. I won't use this app remotely until it supports it.

• justinjustin commented  · 

For those of you who crave security when viewing... A VPN will do the trick. I purchased a VPN capable router and enable VPN on my iPhone when viewing remotely. It's a bit more complicated but I know some routers like Netgear Nighthawk R7000 provide a really simple VPN platform. Just a thought.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I second the need for HTTPS - I am not comfortable having admin credentials to my cameras transversing over the internet in the clear.

• NicolaNicola commented  · 

that's avery important feature, what is the ETA ?

• Christian JohannessenChristian Johannessen commented  · 

When connecting to a camera over a WAN connection it is imperative to have a secure encrypted connection. The current external connection appears to be insecure.

Feedback and Knowledge Base