If your camera is not set-up for external access, you will not be able to set Motion Alerts.
To manually set your camera for External Access on iOS and Android OWLR apps, please follow the following steps:
- 1. Open your camera on the app (Let it fully retrieve the snapshots to ensure that you are connected to the network).
- 2. Click on the Settings icon
- 3. Click on Network
- 4. You will see that your INTERNAL IP ADDRESS is already set-up (and the EXTERNAL IP ADDRESS) is missing
- 5. Go to https://www.iplocation.net/find-ip-address and COPY your IP ADDRESS. (This is the IP address that you add to your External IP ADDRESS
- 6. Copy the same PORT number from your INTERNAL IP ADDRESS's PORT section and ADD it to the EXTERNAL IP ADDRESS's PORT and RTSP PORT.
- 7. Your External Access IS NOW ALL SET.
- 8. After this stage, you need to log into your router's web interface and set-up your PORT-FORWARDING rules as per the specifications on your App's Network settings.
NB: On the Android App, you can TEST EXTERNAL ACCESS and if it's all set, the app will alert you.
If you need any further help, please let us know.