Customer Name -
Thanks for getting in touch with us - we appreciate this a lot. Kindly note that in order to Manually setup your camera - you are needed to follow below mentioned instructions.
Please ensure that UPnP is activated on your router (first) and kindly note that - if your camera is not set-up for the external access, you will not be able to set 'Motion Alerts'.
In order to manually setup your camera for the External Access on OWLR Apps (Android & iOS), please follow the following steps:
- Open your camera on the App (Let it fully retrieve the snapshots to ensure that you are connected to the network)
- Click on the Settings Icon
- Click on the Network
- You will see that your INTERNAL IP Address is already set-up (and the EXTERNAL IP Address) is missing
- Go to https://www.iplocation.net/find-ip-address and COPY your IP Address (This is the IP address that you add to your External IP Address)
- Copy the same PORT number from your INTERNAL IP Address PORT section and ADD it to the EXTERNAL IP Address PORT and RTSP PORT
- Your External Access is NOW ALL SET
- After this stage, you need to log into your router's web interface and set-up your PORT-FORWARDING rules as per the specifications on your App's Network settings
Note: On the Android App, you can TEST EXTERNAL ACCESS and if it's all set, the app will alert you.
If you need any further help, please let us know.