I suggest that the OWLR app...

IR on/off button for all supported cameras

It would be nice to add a button for switching between day and night on IR lights! An on off switch for the IR lights! It is the only thing that is missing from the app!

32 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Cristian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  chris responded  · 

We support IR for all cameras which have it.

If it is missing please contact support – you might have a camera which has a non-standard product name.

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MarkM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No IR control for FI8910W Foscam. Camera has them. No way to turn them on or off in APP. Is there a fix?

• Jo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just set up 3 Foscam Cameras, only the latest model turn on the IR function automatically, where the rest of the 2 default to off. Without a control button for IR how can I control that with your app?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the camera resets, the IR automatically defaults to the on position. Being to able to control this through the app would be beneficial.

• AdminSanford from OWLR (User Advocate, OWLR) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey all - we are looking into this. Sadly, the problem is making the interface match the state of the camera. Sadly, the system is incredibly slow (the 8900s) and so we needed to spend time in handling the state of the app.

We are moving to update for the iPad and other table formats - so please give us a little bit - we hear the pain.

• Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still looking how to toggle the infrared feature on and off for the FI8910W. Thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base